
We have had a pretty busy week and have documented it well. Last Saturday we went to the Newport Beach temple to watch Skyler's dad and his wife be sealed for eternity. They were married civilly about two years ago but this ceremony was different because it marries them for after death too. All of Skyler's family came for this event. It was fun to have everyone here.
I just bought some new colored tights which I wore for the first time since I was like 5 years old. I didn't get any great pictures of Sky that day so the one below will have to do. I think he would have chosen this one over a nice one anyway.

Skyler's family came over to our house last Sunday. A huge rubberband-arrow fight started and continued for at least 30 minutes. Everyone was involved, even Skyler's mom.

Thursday Skyler and I drove to Las Vegas. Skyler attended the PMA trade show at the LV Convention Center. I figured this was a great reason to miss a few days of work and explore Las Vegas. Skyler spent two days at the show and I wandered around the Strip. I took a picture of me with every main landmark on the Strip. I finally got to see the hotels and go to the places I had never been before. I loved M&M World and picked out half a pound of different colored M&Ms.



We stayed at Mike & Jessett's place on Friday night. We got to to hang out with them Friday night until Saturday night. We had a lot of fun just relaxing and playing with the girls. Kylie is so huge now! I can't believe how fast she is growing. Britain was so cute also! I got a glimpse of how hard it is to be a mom. Jessett seemed to be always feeding, changing a diaper, burping the baby, or chasing after Kylie.


Last but not least (well, I wish it was least): Skyler's wallet was stolen and the person has been using our credit cards. Talk about frustrating! The reason we noticed his wallet was gone was that Skyler needed his ID to get into the trade show so the night before we left we spent a few hours looking for his wallet. We concluded that he left it at K1 on Tuesday night. Skyler decided to use his passport as ID and we left for Las Vegas as planned. On our way I got a call from Discover asking if some charges were legit. They were all online sites and were for some small amounts ($9.95) and a few large ($149.95 was the largest). It has to be a kid who is using them because I would have bought larger items. Anyways, we won't be responsible for any charges but it will just be a hassle to replace all of Skyler's cards, license, D-land pass, etc. At least he didn't have any cash!
Summary: Awesome weekend and another awesome weekend coming up! Can't wait for Mammoth!
3 comments:
Loving the purple tights!
I also vote YES on the colored tights. They make a very bold yet fashion friendly statement.
I'm going to be the first one in Utah to start wearing bold colored tights. We are about 18 months behind the OC when it comes to fashion trends, so that should give me plenty of time to get down to the Target to buy some new tights and still be the first one in Utah to attempt it.
My only hesitation is that my legs are short and stalky rather than long and slender like yours. I fear the fashion statement will be mistranslated as fashionably less accountable rather than boldly fahionable.
Anyway...I really liked the tights. Do it again for sure.
Dude, Elise. You guys are non-stop. You just bought a new house, and you go on trips like every week. I'm glad you take pictures, it allows the vicarious living of me through you.
I have to say, I laughed when I saw you took pictures of yourself in front of all the landmarks in Vegas. I'm glad you did that.
Also, yay on the purple tights. Where them for all of us tree trunk legged ladies who can't pull them off if we wanted too. The only statement I'd be able to make is one that would remind people of Barney the stumpy dinosaur. Hurray for pretty legs like yours!
Post a Comment