
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love cats. The only thing I love more is Skyler, which is shown by the fact that I am married to him. Skyler is very allergic to cats, so I married him knowing that I would never be able to own a cat again. At the time that Skyler and I got married I owned a cat named Grayson and my family had a cat named Summer. I left Grayson with my family. I would play with him when I visited my parents, but I had to make sure I took every piece of cat fur off my clothes before I could get close to Skyler again. About a year ago Grayson went missing. I never saw him again. The area where my parents live is near Chino Hills State Park. It used to be more of a park area, but now hundreds and hundreds of houses have taken that place. Coyotes roam the streets and it was not the first time I have lost a cat to coyotes. I have gone through Dusty, Sandy, Grayson, and now Summer. Yesterday my mom found the remains of Summer, the family cat. Summer adopted my family in the summer of 1993. She was a baby kitten, only a few weeks old. Summer was my first and last cat. I will never get to own another cat again (until I get to heaven and I get to have all of my cats at once!). She was a good cat and I will miss her a lot. Thanks for the memories...
8 comments:
Summer was a cat that even Skyler would have loved! She will be missed.
Mom
Sorry to hear about your cat. I know how much you love cats. I'm not an animal lover, but I do get sad when someone's beloved animal dies. "Rest In Peace Summer"
It's possible for Skyler to get used to it, Adam did when he was little and he's not allergic anymore...he should give you a chance! I'm sorry about Summer, she's hanging with my puppy Daisy:)
I am so sorry Elise. I know how much you love your cats.
I almost cried reading this post. So sorry about your kitty. I'm a fellow cat lover and JD is "allergic" too, so I'll probably never have a cat. I can empathize with you on this one. We've lost like 8 cats to coyotes too. Our Nug has made it like 14 years and it will kill us when he dies!
I'm sorry.
Just found your blog tonight through a series of hops. I am so, so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty. I know exactly how you feel about having all your kitties at once someday...there are a few waiting for me, too.
Post a Comment